Due to the In-Service Training (September 7-13, 2023) conducted by Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC)…
SVDPA eClassroom – http://svdpa.com/eclassroom
SVDPA eClassroom is our own school’s e-learning platform that we have been using since 2016. It is based on the Moodle eLearning platform. The eClassroom platform provides students personalized access to the following:
- Notes and multimedia posted by the teacher
- Interactive activities and quizzes
- Question and answer forum for each class
- School wide announcement board
- Instant messaging
- Email notifications for anything posted to their enrolled classes
Our system has been built in house and is hosted online by a dedicated server leased to SVDPA. Advantages of using our own system include:
- Complete control over what can be uploaded.
- Access to monitoring tools and system logs showing who, when and how people are using the system.
- Completely customizable to suit the needs of our students and teachers.
Zoom Meetings – https://zoom.us
Zoom meetings will be used in two ways:
- For live streaming lessons and interactive activities
- As a general meeting room that students can access during school hours to socialize with other students and speak to teachers
We have chosen Zoom over other software for the following reasons:
- Ability to mute all users and disable their video
- Ability to remove and ban users
- Ability to disable screen sharing for students
- Ability to disable private chat
- Waiting room feature
- Breakout room feature
Security measures that will be in place will include:
- All official SVDPA livestreams will be hosted by licensed SVDPA accounts
- A control room with staff who are monitoring all live classes
- Requiring students to sign in with a verified account
- Requiring students to use their real name as their screen name
- Muting students and disabling video unless they are required
SVDPA Website – http://svdpa.com
SVDPA’s website will be used for official school wide announcements and general information. Our website also has a chat feature to speak directly with administration staff.
Facebook groups will be used to disseminate information to parents/guardians and students. Teachers will be not be allowed to private chat students about school or personal issues. They should always direct the student to ask subject related questions in SVDPA’s eClassroom where communication can be monitored by the administration.
Other Multimedia and Education Websites
Students may be provided links by their teacher to outside websites, such as Youtube or Khan Academy. In order to protect our students from visiting nefarious websites, we will include a white list of websites that a teacher may use for their classes. If a teacher wishes to use content from a website not listed, they will be required to request the site be added to the whitelist by IT staff and academic administration.